This is another delicious and quick meal to make. I am really trying to change my focus to healthy meals with the occasional cheat. The string beans could easily be substituted for asparagus or broccoli.
- 1 pound string beans
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 pound penne
- 1/4 pound butter, cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- Heat the oven to 400°. Wash and cut the string beans 1-inch pieces. Boil the string beans in a pot of water until soft.
- Meanwhile, put the vinegar in a small saucepan. Simmer until 3 tablespoons remain. Stir in the brown sugar and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Remove from the heat.
- Cook the penne in a large pot of boiling, salted water until just done, about 13 minutes. Drain the pasta and toss with the butter, vinegar, string beans , Parmesan, and the remaining 1 3/4 teaspoons salt. Serve with additional Parmesan.
I am hoping to share some delicious fall recipes with you in the near future. I am excited to have this blog back up and running after my surgery. I hope to be more consistent in the future.